B&B ORGANICS AROMATIC CHAK HAO RICE
B&B Organics Chak Hao rice is organically grown. It is known for its medicinal value and nutritional properties. It is rich in antioxidants and has optimal content of vitamins, minerals, fiber, proteins, and many other nutrients.
It is mainly grown and consumed in Manipur where it is known as Chak Hao. It has cultural and traditional significance to the people of Manipur and other parts of Northeast India. Two varieties viz., Chak-hao ‘Amubi’ and Chak-hao ‘Poireiton’ which are quite popular in the state are being cultivated organically. It will be available in the state during the month from December to May every year.
Being a rich source of anthocyanin it is also a good source of vitamins E, fiber and protein, Chak Hao rice is shown to reduce inflammation levels in the body. It contributes to the prevention and management of ailments such as atherosclerosis, diabetes, Alzheimer’s disease, hypertension, high cholesterol levels, arthritis, allergies, aging signs and even cancer.
Recipe: Black Rice Pudding
Preparation time: 180 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
Servings: 5 person
Recipe Category: Dessert
Recipe cuisine: Indian
- Wash and soak rice for 3-4 hours before cooking.
- In a pan, heat and boil till it starts reducing and look light cream in color.
- Add soaked rice and cook in medium to low flame till the rice gets 90% cooks. Keep stirring in between and start scrapping the cream from sides which will make the dish creamier.
- The kheer will turn purple due to color of Chak Hao rice.
- Once the milk is thick and creamy and the rice is almost done, add sugar and cardamom
powder and stir well.
- Cook till the kheer gets thicker and creamier.
- Once done add dry fruits to the kheer and serve it.