It is one of the oldest rice variety in our country . Since buddhist period, this rice has been cultivated. It takes around 6 to 7 months for harvest.
- This particular rice is rich in micronutrients such as iron and zinc.
- Alzheimer’s disease will be controlled with the help of this rice.
- It also controls diabetes as well as blood pressure.
- Anthocyanin is an important antioxidant present in this rice.
- Digestive problems can be rectified with the help of this rice.
- It has a sweet aroma and a pleasant smell.
Recipe: Spinach Kalanamak Rice
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Servings: 2 person
Receipe category: Lunch / Dinner
Receipe cuisine: Indian
- Kalanamak rice: ½ kg
- Cumin seeds: 1 tsp
- Green Chillies: 1 cup
- Spinach leaves: 1 cup
- Asafoetida: 1 tsp
- Oil: 3 tsp
- Lemon: 1
- Red chilli powder: 1tsp
- Salt: as per taste
- The green chilies should be chopped after washing it properly.
- Wash and cut the spinach leaves
- Heat the oil in the pan.
- Add cumin seeds in the pan.
- Next add asafoetida, green chills, and chopped spinach.
- Mix it well & cook it for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Last step is to add boiled kalanamak rice with red chili powder and lemon juice.
- Add salt into the rice mixture.
- Now your tasty spinach kalanamak rice is ready to serve.
All the mentioned details are derived from farmers. B&B Organics can’t take any responsibility of the above mentioned details.