Palm jaggery Powder is a much sweeter variant of jaggery, which has a melt-in the mouth texture. This form of jaggery is made by extracting sap of palm which is manually boiled and churned to make the jaggery. This jaggery gets the sweetness of dates and nutritional benefits of dates. It is a wonderful sugar substitute and is good to be consumed in powder form.
Recipe: Walnut Banana Bread with Palm Jaggery
- 1 1/2 cup wheat flour
- 1/4 cup butter or oil
- 1/4 cup walnut (optional)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup thick curd
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup palm jaggery
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp milk
- 3 ripened Banana
- Take a bowl, add egg or curd and beat well until fluffy.
- Now add palm jaggery, cinnamon powder, powdered brown sugar, butter, milk and beat well for 3 mins.
- Grind the ripened banana and add to the bowl and beat well.
- Sift wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda for 2 times.
- Now add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and fold well. Finally add chopped walnuts.
- In a bread baking tray, line it with butter paper and pour the mixture and decorate with sliced bananas.
- Preheat the oven at 200° c and bake it at 180° for 35 min in a convection oven. If you are using OTG then bake for 40-45mins.
- Insert a wooden pick and check if it’s baked.
- Cool down completely and serve for tea.