Sona Masuri brown rice is brown tinged and known as Bangaru Teegalu in Telugu meaning Golden Ivy and is grown mostly in Karnataka Andhra Pradesh and Telegana. It is also exported to many countries. It is farmed under totally organic methods in clayey or loamy soil with evenly distributed rainfall and is ready for harvest in 100-110 days.
This rice is rich in iron, calcium, selenium, potassium and other nutrients
It is aromatic and parboiled so it has bran and germ that keep nutrients intact
It is also starchy which helps in body lubrication and nutritious value
Recipe: Sonamassori Egg Fried Rice
- Sona Masuri brown rice cooked 1 cup(250g)
- Garlic/green chilli paste
- Soya Sauce
- Eggs & Salt
- Heat oil in large saucepan and add garlic/chilli paste. Saute and then add the onions and capsicum
- Saute until just translucent, add salt, pepper powder, soya sauce, vinegar and then the eggs. Lower flame and scramble the eggs
- Immediately add the rice and toss until well coated with the egg mixture in the saucepan
- Heat through and serve hot with sweet and sour sauce or gravy
Disclaimer: All the above-mentioned health benefits are not scientifically tested by B&B organics. The farmers believe that the substance showed these characteristics.