Thooyamalli rice is a traditional rice variety of Tamil Nadu wherein the name denotes a newly bloomed jasmine flower. It is pearl-colored rice. It is healthy and tasty. It has a distinctive flavor. The traditional paddy variety, Thooyamalli is resistant to pest and doesn’t need pesticides.
It helps in strengthening the internal organs and maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
It helps in maintaining a healthy nervous system.
It is rich in vitamins hence it is good for skin and body.
Recipe: Thooyamalli rice biryani
- Thooyamalli Rice 100 gms
- Mixed Vegetables 1/2 cup (green peas, carrot, beans, potato)
Onion 1, small, finely chopped
- Tomato 1, small, finely chopped
- Ghee 2 tsp
- Oil 1/2 tsp
- Salt as per taste
- Garlic 1 clove
- Green Chilli 1
- Coriander Leaves 2 tbsp
- Mint Leaves 2 tblsp
- Ginger 1/2 inch piece
- Coriander Powder 1/4 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder 1/4 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder 1/4 tsp
- Cinnamon a small piece
- Cardamoms 2
- Cloves 2
- Bay Leaf 1
- Wash the rice under running water and then soak it for 3-4 hours.
- In a pressure cooker, heat ghee, and oil.
- Add all the ingredients for tempering and saute for 30 seconds on medium flame.
- In a grinder, grind together all the ingredients for grinding to get a smooth paste. Put this in the pressure cooker as well. Cook for a minute while stirring.
- Add the onions and tomatoes. Sautee for a minute. Next, add all the vegetables and 1 cup of water. Stir well. Add salt to taste and let it simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the rice and stir well. Seal the pressure cooker and cook for 2-3 whistles. When done, remove the lid and fluff up the rice using a fork. Serve hot.
Disclaimer: All the above-mentioned health benefits are not scientifically tested by B&B organics. The farmers believe that the substance showed these characteristics.