B&B Organics Wheat Flakes:
B&B Organics Wheat Flakes (aval/ poha/atugulu/ avalakki) is made from organically grown wheat. Wheat flakes are a highly nutritious choice for breakfast. Wheat bran has a sweet, nutty flavor. It can be used to add texture and a full-bodied taste to bread, muffins and other baked goods. It can be made into tasty delicacies like chivda or can be had with milk.
Wheat flakes are rich in prebiotics, which are non-digestible fibers that act as a source of food for your healthy gut bacteria, increasing their numbers, which, in turn, promotes bowel health. It helps relieve or prevent constipation and keep your bowel movements regular. Wheat flakes are rich in fiber, antioxidants and lower bad cholesterol. It is also known to reduce the risk of heart diseases and cancer, particularly colon cancer.
Wheat flakes are similar to corn flakes but are made of whole wheat and wheat bran. Wheat Flakes are made from kernels of wheat that are partially cooked through steaming, then passed through rollers to flatten them into flakes. Whole wheat is rolled and made into flakes which helps retain their fiber content along with their vital nutrients.
Given below is a detailed mapping of the nutritional value of 100g serving of millets:
|Saturated Fat (g)||0.3|
|Total Fat (g)||1.2|
|Dietary fibre (g)||3.8|
Recipe: Whole Wheat Flakes Chivda
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Servings: 3 person
Recipe Category: Snacks
Recipe cuisine: Indian
- Whole wheat flakes – 300 gm
- Groundnuts – ¼ Cup
- Few curry leaves
- Mustard – 1 tsp
- Cumin – ½ tsp
- Turmeric – ¼ tsp
- Cashews – 12 nos.
- Almonds – 12 nos.
- Raisins – 2-3 tbsp
- Broken red chilies – 2-3 nos.
- 1 Big pinch of hing
- Coriander seeds – ½ tbsp
- Sesame – ½ Tbsp
- Ajwain – ½ Tsp
- Chaat masala – 1
- Sea salt to taste
- Red chili powder – ¼ Tsp
- Black pepper powder – ¼ Tsp
- Oil – 3 Tbsp
- Heat oil in a pan, add jeera, mustard, and asafoetida. Let them splutter
- Add broken dry red chilies and fry lightly.
- Add coriander seeds, sesame, and ajwain.
- Add cashews, almonds, and groundnuts fry them together until they become crisp.
- Add raisins and fry again.
- Curry leaves can now be added and fried till crisp.
- Now turn to add chat masala, red chili powder, turmeric, black pepper powder.
- Mix well with the seasonings.
- Add sugar, salt and mix well.
- Turn off the heat. Let it cool slightly.
- Add B&B Organics Wheat flakes to this mixture and mix well.
- Lightly warm the flakes till they turn crispy. Serve it as a snack.