Traditional Sugar V/S White Sugar
What is white sugar?
- White sugar is granulated and made from refining cane or beet sugar, a process which removes the molasses and thus many vital nutrients present in the sugar.
- So white sugar has a purity of 99.7%, due to presence of sucrose, but it lacks minerals like calcium, potassium, magnesium present in traditional brown sugars like sugarcane jaggery and palm jaggery.
- White sugar is popular for its ornamental colouring in confectionary and its malleability during heating to produce complex sweets like candies, sonpapdi, fizzy drinks, syrups, jams, conserves and fruit juices.
What are traditional sugars?
- Traditional sugars are processed from natural sugarcane and palm tree extracts and have most of their nutrients intact.
- These sugars are rich in antioxidants, vitamins and plant nutrients which help to control vital body parameters.
- These sugars have low glycemic index so are safe for diabetic and high cholesterol diets.
- B&B Organics range of traditional sugars like Palm Jaggery, Palm Sugar (Panamkarkandu), Sugarcane Jaggery, Sugarcane jaggery powder, Coconut sugar, Palm crystals powder and Herbal Sugarcane Jaggery powder are processed from organic sugarcane, Palmyra and coconut extracts.
- They have no chemicals or artificial colouring agents so these sugars can add daily doses of good nutrients for your family.
- These sugars taken with warm milk are good for easing discomfort during colds, coughs and fevers.
- Palm jaggery and sugarcane jaggery have been used in ancient Ayurvedic and herbal medicinal systems for their purity and curative properties.
- B&B Organics Herbal Sugarcane jaggery is a pre-prepared medicinal mix of ginger, gooseberry, pepper, cardamom and other herbs to ease discomfort of sore throats, coughs and colds.